Rho Phi Lambda
Rho Phi Lambda is a nationally recognized Honorary Professional Recreation, Park, and Leisure Services Fraternity
- To recognize superior recreation/parks/ leisure major students.
- To encourage the development of professional standards for the leisure field.
- To stimulate the personal development of individual members' professional growth in the leisure field.
- To cultivate, foster and promote a sentiment of amity among the students of the leisure profession.
- To recognize those persons who have made outstanding contributions to the field of recreation/parks/leisure.
Membership is by invitation to:
Undergraduate Students who:
- Have 45 or more total credit hours with a cumulative GPA of a least 3.0
- 9 or more hours completed in Recreation & Park Administration with a cumulative GPA of a least 3.2 in the major
- A substantial record of leadership and service to the community and or University
Graduate Students who:
- Have completed a minimum of 18 semester hours towards a graduate degree in recreation administration
- Texas State grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
Once inducted, students may engage in a variety of service opportunities and receive a cord of recognition to be worn at your graduation ceremony.
Faculty Sponsor: Jo An Zimmermann, email@example.com