Association of Recreation Enthusiasts (A.R.E.)
Purpose: To provide a welcoming cohesive student based organization where members can enjoy and participate in all forms of recreation while also focusing on professional development.
Sponsor: Amy Esmiol, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor: Marina Garcia, email@example.com
President: Bre Scott
Vice President: Nicole Bittner
Treasurer: Ishmael Castillo
Fundraising Coordinator: Camila Saldivar
Exercise & Sports Science Graduate Student Organization Mission
The purpose of this organization is to provide opportunities for graduate students with different backgrounds to embrace and celebrate the rich dimensions of diversity, to bond and work together, to attend professional conferences and social activities. New graduate students will have the opportunity to connect with other students to give them support and knowledge on how to prosper in the Exercise Science graduate program. Members will also be able to share any concerns they may have so the organization can work towards finding a solution.
- President: Omar Solis
- Vice President: Bailey Weishaar
- Treasurer: Cydnee Lindley
- Secretary: Skye Tomchesson
- Dr. Ting Liu
- Dr. Matt McAllister
Meetings will be held the first Friday of the month. Minutes of the meetings will be emailed to the members.
Membership in the organization shall be open to those regularly-enrolled at Texas State University as graduate level students from the Exercise Science discipline. Students will need to be in good academic standing (GPA of 3.0 or higher). There will be no membership fee for ESS graduate student to join.
How to join?
If you are interested in joining the graduate student organization, please click here:
The Graduate Organization plans various activities including social events, community service, and fundraising events.
Follow us on Instagram: @txstate_essgo
Follow us on Twitter: @txstate._essgo
REC Honorary Club: Rio Phi Lambda, BETA Epsilon Chapter
Purpose: is an Honorary Professional Recreation, Park, and Leisure Services Fraternity
1. To recognize superior recreation/parks/ leisure major students;
2. To encourage the development of professional standards for the leisure field;
3. To stimulate the personal development of individual members' professional growth in the leisure field;
4. To cultivate, foster and promote a sentiment of amity among the students of the leisure profession; and
5. To recognize those persons who have made outstanding contributions to the field of recreation/parks/leisure.
Sponsor: Jo An Zimmermann, firstname.lastname@example.org
President: Sam Torro
Vice President: Joshua Waclawczyk
Treasurer: Sarah Walters